Does or can the Senate play a useful role? How can we ensure that it fills gaps in our current system of governance? Can we imagine a better Senate? Or, how do we go about abolishing it?
At this forum on November 26, 2013, participants were encouraged to consider the continuum of ideas as they pertain to the future of the Senate.
- Senator James S. Cowan, Leader of the Opposition in the Senate (Nova Scotia)
- Senator Nancy Ruth, Conservative Party of Canada (Cluny, Ontario)
- Prof. Carissima Mathen, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
- Isabel Metcalfe, Chair, Famous 5 Ottawa
- Lawrence Martin, Public Affairs Columnist, Globe and Mail
- Moderator: Andrew Cardozo, The Canadian Centre
Location: One Wellington Street, Parliamentary Precinct (Room C-110), Ottawa